Affinity Photo Beta Tutorial : How to change colors
Last week, Serif released their professional image editing software Affinity Photo Beta, exclusively for Mac users. It is a refreshing high quality challenger to Photoshop, to try quickly.
Here is the first tutorial for beginners on Evigshed : an easy way to change the color of eyes.
Duplicate the original layer (Layer/Duplicate or CMD+J) and edit it.
- To close the path, position the Pen Tool over the first anchor point.
- Hold down the mouse button to create the curve segment if need.
- Click on an anchor point to delete it.
- Use the Node tool to modify the points.
Click Selection button in the Options bar.
Click the Selection Brush and Refine button in the Options Bar
- Adjust the edges and change the Smooth value. If need, modify the other options. It depends what you want to get.
- Set Output to New Layer.
- (It is recommended to create edits on separate layers to back out anytime.)
- Click Apply button.
Select the edit layer to make it active.
Open the Adjustment panel and choose Channel Mixer. Slide the RGB sliders to change their values of the color. Click Merge button to apply your modifications.