** Update 03/08 – Official Video **
Shinedown release today their brand New single, Bully from their upcoming 4th album Amaryllis set to hit stores on March 27, 2012 (Pre-order it here or on iTunes.).
It will impact radio this week. The song has been played on Radio Carolina Pure Rock (WXQR) today at 9 a.M and everywhere now.
Bully delivers a strong anti-bullying message. It is harsh and meaning at the same time. The lyrics speak for themselves : they are direct and powerful. They describe this cruel reality. A lot of people will be touched by these words. I also think that this great piece of music should become part of anti-bullying campaigns in schools.
Musically, I didn’t really know what to expect. I didn’t want to be disappointed and finally it is everything I expected from them. It is one of the most refreshing rockin music for this new year. The sound is very different from their previous work. They explore new musical territory. It is nice.
Bully showcases a explosive mixture of riffs and solo guitar that will leave you speechless, a superb bass line as well as a great drum work in a total harmony. The upbeat rhythm section provides a perfect background for the indescribable voice of Brent. They also added a children’s choir at the end. very cool.
Share your lyrics from #Bully on Facebook , Twitter – here.
- 1 – Grosse Freiheit 36 – Hamburg, Germany
- 2 – Kesselhaus Schonhauser Allee 36 – Berlin, Germany
- 3 – Theatre Fabrik Freidenstrasse 10 – Munich, Germany
- 5 – Live Music Hall – Cologne, Germany
- 6 – Paradiso – Amsterdam, Netherlands
- 8 – Roundhouse – London, UK
- 9 – Rock City – Nottingham, UK
- 10 – 02 Academy – Newcastle, UK
- 12 – 02 Academy – Bristol, UK
- 13 – 02 Academy – Leeds, UK
- 14 – MMUnion – Manchester, UK
- 16 – 02 Academy – Glasgow, UK
- 17 – HMV Institute – Birmingham, UK