Substance Painter 2 , the powerful texturing tool, sees the addition of new features including the Nvidia’s Iray renderer, new Creation Tools (Smart Masks, additional scanned materials, finishing filters and tool brushes) and Painting Tools (Clone, Smudge), new viewport enhancements and more. The new version also provides a direct access to Substance Store in the main toolbar.
Nvidia’s Iray Path Tracer allows Artists to take their renders to the next level without leaving the application.
Substance Painter 2 New Features are as follows :
– Iray Path Tracer integration for advanced rendering and screenshot capability
– New Smart Masks for creating and using your own mesh-adaptive mask presets
– New Clone tool, non destructive, for copying and pasting parts of texture
– New Smudge tool, non destructive, for blending and spreading colors
– Ability to chain and composite substances
– New content in the shelf: alphas, tools, materials, smart materials, and more
– New interface with reworked colors, icons, and parameter organization
– New Orthographic view mode and Perspective Field of View control
– New Fullscreen mode with interface toggling
– Full support for the Specular/Glossiness PBR workflow
– Scripting I/O
– Non-PBR shader and template
– Full support of height & normal workflow
The new version is available for download now on their website. For users who already have a substance Painter 1 license, go on your upgrade page. Substance Painter 2 is available for $149 (Indie)/$590 (Pro), or $99 (Indie)/$400 (Pro) to upgrade.